The gym is a fantastic way to stay in shape and get fit, but there are loads of things you can do throughout the day to help increase your calorie consumption and speed up your weight loss!
Very few of your daily calories are burnt in the gym, most are used throughout the day, during normal activities. So a great way of burning calories is to increase your daily activities! Below is a list of 10 simple activities and the calories they burn. This won’t make them any more fun, but when you know how many calories you’ll be burning it might give you more of an incentive to do them!
- Wax on Wax Off – 30 minutes of polishing your table tops and shelves can burn up to 80 calories, this will burn off the same as 2 and half chocolate fingers!
- Changing rooms – Give your house and your body a revamp by painting a room. 3 hours of painting can use up to 1030 calories, this is the same as 2 sandwich packs from the supermarket!
- Fold your clothes to lose your folds – 30 minutes of folding after your ironing can burn 70 calories, this will burn the equivalent of 2 hand a half digestive biscuits!
- Supermarket Sweat! – 1 hour of pushing your trolley around the supermarket can burn 250 calories! This is the same amount of calories as nearly 3 crumpets!
- Longer waits equals less weight! – We all hate it, but standing in line at the bank or the post office can burn 100 calories and hour! This is the sames as a slice of white toast and jam!
- Trim down your lawn to trim down your tummy! – Now summers on the way take the mower out of the garage. 30 minutes of lawn mowing can use a whopping 200 calories! This is the same amount as 2 chocolate mini rolls!
- Take the Stairs! – We know the lift looks so appealing, but choosing to the stairs can burn 100 calories in 20 minutes. This would burn the same amount of calories as a fruit scone!
- Skipping’s not just for kids – Relive your childhood and start skipping again. 30 minutes of skipping in the garden is fun and can burn a huge 350 calories, this is the same as 1 and a half jam donuts!
- Suck up dust to suck in the stomach! – 30 minutes of vacuuming does’t just give you a clean carpet it can also burn 100 calories! This is the equivalent of 1 large glass of red wine!
- Healthy dog healthy you! – Taking the dog for a walk for and hour can burn 200 calories! This is the same amount of calories as in 2 bowls of corn flakes! If you haven’t got a dog, a walk on your own is just as good!
Combining a healthy diet, some good quality exercise a few times a week and keeping active throughout the day will speed up your weight loss goals! To kick start your weight loss and improve your fitness by booking in for a free taster personal training session at http://www.bourne-fit.co.uk/